This material can be used as a card sort or memory game where the decimal number value is matched to the corresponding decimal name (e.g. “five tenths” and “.5” are a match). The purpose is to practice saying the number’s decimal name and be able to associate the words with the numeric representation.
- Decimal place value strips with numeric values and place value names (to be used as a reference for the card sort or memory game)
- Three sets of differentiated number/name cards – each set is increasingly more challenging by adding another place value or whole numbers
- Set 1: 15 numbers and corresponding name cards in tenths and hundredths places
- Set 2: 15 numbers and corresponding name cards in hundredths and thousandths places
- Set 3: 15 numbers and corresponding name cards with whole numbers and tenths, hundredths, and thousandths places
- Two versions of each of the three sets is provided
- black and white, and colored (each set has a different color border)
- Recording sheet
- Blank cards (a few extra cards for students to create their own numbers and write the names, or challenge a friend to do so)
- Answer key
Watch a demo video explaining how to use this product!